Friday, September 28, 2007

my swanky new haircut

Last Tuesday was a momentous day: my first professional haircut in years! Being as cheap and appearance-apathetic as I am, I probably only had 3 or 4 haircuts all the way through college, and I'm pretty sure that they were all done by various friends. Thanks again to everyone who ever cut my hair (especially Megan, who cut my hair last minute when I needed it for performance art!), but you're no professionals. Apparently the haircuts that Kitty and I got were really expensive by Chinese standards, but they felt cheap to our wallets full of converted-from-US-dollar-money, and it is always nice to have someone else shampoo your hair and then tell you that your head is a funny shape and you would look better with some shorter layers in the back. She must have been right, because later that day while trying to look at some puppies for sale on the sidewalk, I was hassled by some man who really wanted to recruit me for modeling. I walked away, but I'm starting to feel poor enough (or anticipate feeling poor enough once I start traveling) that I might consider it next time.

And now for the results, since I told my little sister I would post more pictures and I know she won't let me get away without these ones.
Here is what I looked like the day of, after an extensive blow-drying routine that I will never ever care enough to reproduce:And here I am one week later eating some less-than-delicious mooncake:
More from Mid-Autumn Day to come!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are pretty!

Anonymous said...

you are pretty!

Jenna said...

Haha! Shelby this is great! Sorry, I haven't read your blog for awhile, but I loved all the pictures and all the cool stories. I'm glad things have settled down a bit and you're adjusting well. I also love the new haircut! Have a great week teaching!

-Jenna