Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Go with the flow.

We have internet in our apartments once more! With our own usernames and passwords now, even, so that they can track us if we release any state secrets. Dad, I'm expecting you to crack the codes.

I'm not sure how it is that anyone thinks I could possibly even discover a state secret. My Chinese is barely passable, and I'm learning very quickly not to ask too many questions when things don't make sense here, because the answers usually make less sense. It is much easier to accept the fact that things in China are generally somewhat crazy, repeat my new mantra ("Go with the flow. Go with the flow. . . . "), and wait for the moment when somebody actually decides to tell me why my internet no longer works or when we are having a meeting or how I will get into my office.

So far, it's worked. I have internet again, I went to the meeting AND the banquet, and I know how to get into my office now.

And now that I'm back, I can finally start writing down all the stories I've been waiting to tell everyone about. In shorter, more specific posts now, because that one I wrote last Sunday looks ridiculously daunting.

No comments: