Thursday, September 13, 2007

a message to my mosquito "friends"

It is the middle of the night here, but I am awake and blogging because I am being absolutely terrorized by mosquitoes. In addition to biting me relentlessly, they have also been dive-bombing my head and buzzing loudly at me so that I get distracted from sleeping and end up having very strange dreams where I can reason with the mosquitoes and convince them to stop biting to me if I just communicate with them. So here I am, blogging to mosquitoes: cut it out! I need to sleep! I also need to live without itching sometimes.

I've been getting mosquito bites quite consistently here, but Kitty hasn't gotten a single one yet. Maybe my blood is tastier, or, as a student told me, "they can smell fear." Mosquitoes: I am not afraid! Just tired and sick of the itching. And I am hunting down bug spray and anything else I can find to destroy you tomorrow, so watch out.

EDIT: Apparently it was actually Kitty who told me that they can smell fear. Ooops. It sounded like something one of my students would say.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Hi Shelby!

There should be some type of wall plug in to get rid of the mosquitos. Or some type of incense you can burn. I always get bit by mosquitos- I sympathize!!!