Thursday, September 6, 2007

a bit about my apartment, as promised

In the interest of MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY, I am not going to post about my apartment, as Kitty already posted about her apartment yesterday and mine is exactly the same except that you should hold a mirror beside your computer and look at all the pictures through it.
Instead, I will refer you to Kitty's blog and my additional comments:
  1. TV: Star movies is, indeed, crazy. I found the schedule online today, so I can finally know what is going on and can have some fair warning if they actually play anything decent. We also get CCTV International, a 24-hour Chinese news station in English. I watch it sometimes, though I'm well aware of how much slant is being put on my news.
  2. Fridge: I have no peach nectar. BUT I have grapes and jujubes (see photo!) left over from our fruit party on Saturday, as well as lots of little tupperware containers full of various Chinese leftovers, some beer, and some orange soda. Until last night, I also had a can of lychee beer. It was on sale at Ren Ren Le. I don't think it is actually beer at all, as it didn't have the character for alcohol anywhere on the can and didn't taste like it, but it was delicious lychee soda.
  3. Bed: The bed, though surprisingly un-cushy, has been more comfortable than I had expected. I've been sleeping fine on it, or at least jetlag has been to blame and not the bed. (Jetlag update: I got 9.5 hours of sleep in a row last night. Victory!)
  4. Bathroom: My bathroom emits no "poison," which is good, because Ma Jing keeps talking about people getting cancer because of the poisons coming out of their room decorations. Eeeep!
Off to Ren Ren Le again! We're obsessed and can't stay away.

No comments: