Thursday, October 11, 2007

Chinese Mythbusters!

Myth #1: All Chinese people are short. WRONG! If Yao Ming wasn't enough proof, behold the following:
Our new pal Tang is 2.02 meters tall and used to be a professional volleyball player for China. He became a professional athlete at the age of 14, spent 10 years traveling around playing volleyball, and is now a junior at NPU. He compensates for his lack of junior high and high school education by being very charismatic and taking his professors out to dinner on the day before an exam. So I can't bust any “myths” about bribery and corruption in China yet, but he sure is tall!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

At first I thought "he's kind of cute." And then I looked more closely. He's cuter than most Chinese guys I have seen. But not as cute as I thought he was before I looked closer.

RLR said...

Enjoying your blog, Shelby ... and those of your friends. Keep up the good work.

Go Rockies!!! World Series starts Wednesday.

Shelby said...

The great firewall is down and I can respond to comments!

Paige -- He is kind of cute. Or tall at least. Turns out there are a lot of cute guys in China (though I'm gonna stick with Steve!).

Randy -- I wish your Rockies cheering had worked!